Standard Notes

jamami

I am trying to find a way to streamline drawing annotation, specifically multi leaders.

I have around 75 unique notes that i use on a regular basis, 10 on one drawing 15 on another etc etc. I always end up retyping the mtext content to these notes as i cannot find an easy way to reference and use them.

At present I have drawn 75 individual multi leader notes, these multileaders complete with text are dragged onto a tool pallete. To make user freindly, I right click on the pallette shortcut cut and cut and paste the mleader text intro the name field of shortcut property, this gives me a snippet of the text in teh tool pallette that aids my choice, it is not alwys succesful as many of teh notes start of with similar text. Also every time it brings the multi leader in it loses the mtext width which is really annoying.

This method seems really clunky to me. I have also tried making blocks and using mleaders with block attchements, again finding the corerct one is very time consuming and it is often quicker to re type. Are there any solutions to thsi problem?

I am trying to find a way to streamline drawing annotation, specifically multi leaders.

I have around 75 unique notes that i use on a regular basis, 10 on one drawing 15 on another etc etc. I always end up retyping the mtext content to these notes as i cannot find an easy way to reference and use them.

At present I have drawn 75 individual multi leader notes, these multileaders complete with text are dragged onto a tool pallete. To make user freindly, I right click on the pallette shortcut cut and cut and paste the mleader text intro the name field of shortcut property, this gives me a snippet of the text in teh tool pallette that aids my choice, it is not alwys succesful as many of teh notes start of with similar text. Also every time it brings the multi leader in it loses the mtext width which is really annoying.

This method seems really clunky to me. I have also tried making blocks and using mleaders with block attchements, again finding the corerct one is very time consuming and it is often quicker to re type. Are there any solutions to thsi problem?

I have just created a block with a single attribute added a block properties table in the editor and paste all the notes from excel straight into the table, this seesm to work well BUT when i specify this block as the note block for a multi leader I cannot access the block properties drop down, only if i explode the mleader i can access the notes which is not acceptable as i will loose all associativity? Any ideas how to get around this?

Just brainstorming,

1. Put all your standard leader notes in your template file, so that they are there when you need them.

2. Put all your standard leader notes in a seperate file, copy and paste them in as you need them.

3. Create your leader note, with text, and block it. Insert the bock from a tool palette using the 'explode' option.

4. Build your own dynamic block with leader.

Do you want to coordinate the text in leader notes that have been used in multiple places in your drawing as well?

hi Pablo

i tried this initially but it did not work as the explode option from the pallette only explodes the block 1 level, ie you are sill left with the mleader which you need to explode again to access the dynamic text block