drawing Mleader Notes

jamami

I am trying to find a way to streamline drawing annotation, specifically multi leaders.

I have around 75 unique notes that i use on a regular basis, 10 on one drawing 15 on another etc etc. I always end up retyping the mtext content to these notes as i cannot find an easy way to reference and use them.

At present I have drawn 75 individual multi leader notes, these multileaders complete with text are dragged onto a tool pallete. To make user freindly, I right click on the pallette shortcut cut and cut and paste the mleader text intro the name field of shortcut property, this gives me a snippet of the text in teh tool pallette that aids my choice, it is not alwys succesful as many of teh notes start of with similar text. Also every time it brings the multi leader in it loses the mtext width which is really annoying.

This method seems really clunky to me. I have also tried making blocks and using mleaders with block attchements, again finding the corerct one is very time consuming and it is often quicker to re type. Are there any solutions to this problem?

I think you are on the right track with the mleader with attributed blocks. There really isn't an easier way. The key is to be able to identify the blocks readily. It may be a help to make sure these blocks have meaningful names which can help identify them, then keep related blocks categorized in separate folders or palettes for easy identification and retrieval.

Perhaps the blocks should be dynamic blocks with visibility states.

You might wind up with 15 or so differrent blocks, depending on how you can efficiently categorize them,

and each of those might have 5 to 10 different visibility options.

In such a case you could then palletize them, and it would seem like a reasonably

manageable way to access them.

trouble is the dynamic properties do not work when the block is assigned to a multi leader, you have to explode the mleader then the dynamc properties become available.....very annoying!!