Annotative dimensions in VP--> wrong scale?

I have an annotative DimStyle that's been working fine- when I'm in a VP set 1:25 the dimensions will scale correctly. Out of nowhere, even through my VP is set to 1:25, all my dimensions are coming out with a 1:10 annotative scale, making them far too small.

How come my dimensions aren't automatically in the same scale as my VP?

DimAssoc is 2, Dimlfac is 1. In Model space with the scale set to 1:25 the dimensions come out in the appropriate size. Just in the VP in PS it's not coming out correctly.

Thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sbeth85

• RobDraw

• Dadgad

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RobDraw...

1. Could you explain the difference between the annotation scale of a viewport and the viewscale of a viewport?

2. I think I solved it, thanks to your hints... CANNOSCALE was set to 1:10 even though the VP was set to scale 1:25_1. So, I changed CANNOSCALE to 1:25_1 and now the dims are coming out ok. But how in the world did it ever get set to 1:10 to begin with? Before this whole thing the dims were coming out fine, their size was automatically matching the scale of the VP. What went wrong?

Thank you both!

The annotation scale sets which scale annotatively scaled objects will display at. It does not affect the display of other objects. Viewscale affects everything.

Annotation Scale.jpg

Weird... how did mine get out of whack?

Also, random question- how do you upload images like you just did? Do you do printscreen, save it in Paint and crop to size and save to a JPG, then upload it via Cadtutor? Is there a quicker method?

I can't answer the first question.

That is almost exactly how I usually do it, except I save to .png. I also, use Windows' snipping tool.

As you try to figure out how it got out of whack, check in your dimstyle manager,

on the fit tab as shown in the screen snip. I believe that might cause such a problem,

but could be wrong, as I don't use any of the Annotative features.

check your dimstyle definition.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

That is a work around that will only work for dimensions.

Wouldn't it be better to make sure that the annotation scale is set correctly so that all annotative objects are scaled correctly?

That is a work around that will only work for dimensions.

Wouldn't it be better to make sure that the annotation scale is set correctly so that all annotative objects are scaled correctly?

Absolutely Rob, I was just trying to help ascertain what might have gone wrong, as to how it got out of whack.

That post was not meant to be an endorsement, just moving information around. :beer:

It seems you've figured it out, and I don't know how CANNOSCALE got set to 1:10, but I have a few tips to help identify and avoid that problem in the future.

1) There's an icon in the Status Bar to indicate when CANNOSCALE and VPScale are unequal. The button can be used to synchronize the scales, but I believe CANNOSCALE will have precedence. Instead, unlock the VP and reselect the scale to synchronize CANNOSCALE with the VPSCALE

2) In a final/locked layout, it may be preferable to turn ANNOVISIBLEALL = OFF. Firstly, you probably don't want to see multiple scales in a locked layout, and second you'll immediately know when CANNOSCALE is incorrect because the objects will not be displayed.

3) Always us the Scale list box in the Status bar to change the VPScale as it automatically changes and synchronizes CANNOSCALE.

Cannoscale vs vpscale.gif

Nestly, this post is genius!!!

1. That explains so much about why my CannoScale and Annoscale weren't synchronizing- I kept clicking the little button on the bottom of the screen to synchronize the viewport scale and the annoscale but it wouldn't work- I think it's because the VP was locked! Woah!

2. Very good point... It's a good way to compare quickly what's out of whack to what.

3. I do always use the Scales list, that's why it's so strange...

BTW- Nestly, what software do you use to make that video-thingy you put in your post? Me likee!

RobDraw and Dadgad-

OMG THE SNIPPING TOOL!!! Where has it been all of my life? Do you know how much TIME this'll save me!?!?

BTW, why .png and not .jpg?

I just wish it had ability to write text.. and put in shapes like circles and arrows and stuff... like how Adobe Reader (even the free version) has the Comments sidebar. Though the highlighting here is awesome!

BTW- Nestly, what software do you use to make that video-thingy you put in your post? Me likee!

It's an Animated Gif, and I used Camtasia Studio to capture my screen and turn it into an animated gif, however I think there are free apps available if you Google.