Need Help on this drawing

rgarcia5

I am having some issues on making this 3D drawing. I am not sure how to go about drawing the curves. I have tried using the spline command but then I can't use the hatch command for the side of the drawing. Does anyone have any tips or can show me what I can do?

Thank you

2.jpg

I would like it to look 3D. I am not at my home computer which has the dwg file for what I have been trying to draw.

JD I also notice you have Williamsport,PA for location, I am currently going to Penn College.

If you have already created a 3D beam it can be sliced with any profile you choose be it straight or curved. Example:

SlicedBeam.JPG

Edited by ReMark

I was able to draw the figure. Now is there a way to draw those arrows?

3D or 2D?

3D would be a little work if the arrowheads curved. Extrude on path (arc) with taper. The arrowhead shaft it trivial.

2D I would simply create a couple of lines, add an angle dimension and explode and delete the unwanted stuff.

I teach in the Engineering Design program at PCT.

You could draw the arrows in 3D using a cone for the arrowhead and a curved cylinder for the tail. All that would be required is an arc and a swept circle.