Occupation
    Architectural Millwork Designer/Draftsman
    Discipline
    Construction
    Details
    Custom commercial millwork.
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2018

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanne03 View Post
    AND when I try to tell it to "pick points" for hatching area it freezes up... so strange...
    It may be drawing a very deep breath to calculate all the geometry for a hatch pattern that is way way too dense and way way too small of a scale. It could take quite a while to generate some hatches under certain conditions.
    I learned the hard way not to hatch a 12 acre parcel of land drawn at full size with ARSAND at 1.000 scale. Even the hover highlight took several minutes.
    The S197 gen Ford Mustang, and the F-4 Phantom both prove the same theory. "With enough power applied, a school bus will fly."

Using
    AutoCAD 2008

Thanks for the tip! I went and checked to make sure that box was checked and that it is set to "normal" and that was fine.... so I again tried to do the instructions from previous, and it worked! I have no idea what I did differently... but thank you for your help.

Computer Details
    Dana W's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 8 64 bit
    Computer:
    Dell XPS ONE 2710
    Motherboard:
    Dunno
    CPU:
    Intel I-5 3330S @ 2.7 Ghz
    RAM:
    6 Gb
    Graphics:
    On board barely adequate
    Primary Storage:
    1 Terrabyte
    Secondary Storage:
    1 Terrabyte external
    Monitor:
    All in one 27" touch & pen
    Discipline
    Construction
    Dana W's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Architectural Millwork Designer/Draftsman
    Discipline
    Construction
    Details
    Custom commercial millwork.
    Using
    AutoCAD LT 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Sanne03 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I went and checked to make sure that box was checked and that it is set to "normal" and that was fine.... so I again tried to do the instructions from previous, and it worked! I have no idea what I did differently... but thank you for your help.
    It is entirely possible that your first set of objects may not have been on the same plane, that is not parallel, or offset a bit in the 'z' direction. Hatch only fills in the plane defined by your borders. If an island is below that plane, it'll be missed.

I use 2009 LT that does not have a "Z" axis. I never have to think about whether I am in 2D or 3D modelspace and my stuff is Always flat-smack-dabb on the same plane.
    Last edited by Dana W; 19th Aug 2010 at 01:05 am.
    The S197 gen Ford Mustang, and the F-4 Phantom both prove the same theory. "With enough power applied, a school bus will fly."

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD 2013

Quote Originally Posted by CyberAngel View Post
    A hatch can be associative or not. The associative kind is "associated" with a border that you define by object(s), and you can trim it. The other kind is defined by a pick point, and you cannot trim it. Which kind of hatch are you making?
    Very helpfull thanks

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD 2012

Hi every one, sometimes a hatch can have an overlaping zone, and when that hapens you can't trim the hatch.

Forum Newbie
    Using
    AutoCAD 2016

Question Trim inst working

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

my trim command (TR) inst working properly. I just recently went from using AutoCAD 2015 to using 2016 and some how it has quit. I have went through the blogs and I have tried the suggestions: change your shademode, change your pickadd, your edgemode.. nothing happens. when using the command or the icon it gives me an Select objects or select all>: i pick and then it gives me fence crossing pro edge erase or undo.. usually i don’t go through those. I hit tr to trim, right click the mouse and cutout what i want… ITS NOT WORKING!!!!!! all i see where the cursor used to be is a circle with a line through it (like those no smoking signs you see everywhere). Help me try and figure this out please