creating a custom colour book (AutoCAD 2014)

designerstuart

hi all

i'm trying to make a custom colour book for my company basd on their logo colours and not sure what i'm doing wrong....

i saw here how to do it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<colorBook>
 <bookName>my logo</bookName>
 <colorPage>
   <pageColor>  <RGB8> <red>100</red> <green>100</green> <blue>100</blue> </RGB8> </pageColor>
   <colorEntry>  <colorName>color1</colonyc> <RGB8> <red>215</red> <green>192 <blue>40</blue> </RGB8> </colorEntry>
   <colorEntry>  <colorName>color2</colonyc> <RGB8> <red>200</red> <green>130 <blue>40</blue> </RGB8> </colorEntry>
 </colorPage>
</colorBook>

but cannot get it to appear in the menu. i suspect i have the code slightly wrong (i had to guess how to close the route by copying the RAL colorbook) but maybe someone can advise me? i am not a programmer!

i have put the file with the others in support path, restarted autocad. happy to accept workaround, i just want to make a swatch of my favourite colours.

thank you

Only checking the XML syntax, not its content (to which I'm not familiar), seems that you have two not matched tags:

<colorEntry>  <colorName>color1</[color=red]colorName[/color]> <RGB8> <red>215</red> <green>192 <blue>40</blue> </RGB8> </colorEntry>
<colorEntry>  <colorName>color2</[color=red]colorName[/color]> <RGB8> <red>200</red> <green>130 <blue>40</blue> </RGB8> </colorEntry>

thanks for reply. i'm sorry, i do not understand. i thought you open with and close with

i expect you are right though as i am not sure what i am doing here! can you explain a bit more what i have wrong please?

here is an excerpt from the RAL color book:

<colorBook>
 <bookName>RAL CLASSIC</bookName>
 <colorPage>
   <pageColor>  <RGB8Encrypt> <redEncrypt>EPY</redEncrypt> <greenEncrypt>UOH</greenEncrypt> <blueEncrypt>QFV</blueEncrypt> </RGB8Encrypt> </pageColor>
   <colorEntry>  <colorName>RAL 1000</colorName> <RGB8Encrypt> <redEncrypt>GGR</redEncrypt> <greenEncrypt>PMH</greenEncrypt> <blueEncrypt>UGH</blueEncrypt> </RGB8Encrypt> </colorEntry>
   <colorEntry>  <colorName>RAL 1001</colorName> <RGB8Encrypt> <redEncrypt>ZMW</redEncrypt> <greenEncrypt>TRE</greenEncrypt> <blueEncrypt>AMI</blueEncrypt> </RGB8Encrypt> </colorEntry>

Is just that in the excerpt you posted first a tag isn't matched by its closing correspondent.

...<[color=blue]colorEntry[/color]>  <colorName>color1<[color=red]/colonyc[/color]> <RGB8>...

I cannot comment on the content since I know nothing about color books.

has anyone tried using the various colour book creator softwares out there?

I don't remember that I have seen something like this thread before for years now , but if you explain more about that ( software ) or whatever it is called , then we may go further in readying and learning from this interesting thing then we could share some ideas and thoughts in this regard .

Regards

I took a deeper look to your code and found that you missed to close the green tags:

<colorBook>
 <bookName>my logo</bookName>
 <colorPage>
   <pageColor>  <RGB8> <red>100</red> <green>100</green> <blue>100</blue> </RGB8> </pageColor>
   <colorEntry>  <colorName>color1</colorName> <RGB8> <red>215</red> <green>192[color=red]</green>[/color] <blue>40</blue> </RGB8> </colorEntry>
   <colorEntry>  <colorName>color2</colorName> <RGB8> <red>200</red> <green>130[color=red]</green>[/color] <blue>40</blue> </RGB8> </colorEntry>
 </colorPage>
</colorBook>

This color book is loading into AutoCAD as expected.