Help! Insert drawing frame.

liuhaixin88

Hi Dear guys.

My habit is drawing graphics first, then insert the drawing frame. 

Edited by liuhaixin88

If you used paper space layouts you wouldn't have to go through all that.

I'm with ReMark. PaperSpace Layout, add drawing border, add your viewport and scale your objects to desired size. I think if you programmed all that it would constrict your flexability in scales, etc. because there are so many possibilities...

I'm with ReMark. PaperSpace Layout, add drawing border, add your viewport and scale your objects to desired size. I think if you programmed all that it would constrict your flexability in scales, etc. because there are so many possibilities...

Use paperspace ? The content of the title bar is not the same. eg. Material ,QTY.,Part Name,Drawing NO., etc. 

And ,later, How can I find the information, Maybe I will find graphice by Drawing NO. etc.

Yes, paper space. Currently everything you have drawn is sitting over in model space. That's kind of "old school". Switch to paper space and set up Layout1 as your horizontal format. When that is complete set up Layout2 as your vertical format. Of course each layout would have to have a viewport. I'm guessing you know next to nothing about layouts and viewports. Is that correct?

I don't understand what you are asking when you say "The content of the title bar is not the same...". Yes, each drawing would be unique.

How do you find the information (re: drawing number)? Don't you have a master database into which all your drawings are logged? How do you find a particular drawing currently? Have you set up a series of folders/subfolders for your drawings (perhaps by project number)?

We need more information.

Regarding title blocks not being the same, you would create a separate paper space tab for each title block you require. Then you can put notes etc, specific to that title block also in the proper paper space, greatly reducing clutter in model space.

I'm guessing you know next to nothing about layouts and viewports. Is that correct?

We need more information.

Yes. I need some sample for learning. BTW. My English is very poor.

In real simple terms. Pretty sure there is a tutorial here. There are some on U tube also.

1ST step take your title block/border and place it at 0,0 in a layout, check its size and make sure it is true size eg a A4 sheet portrait would be 210x297.

2nd use MVIEW to create a window view inside the title block. Double click inside that window do a Zoom E and your project will appear.

3rd you can set the scale for the view use the toolbar option viewports which has preset scales.

4th Double click outside the window go back to paperspace PLOT Extents scale 1:1 should all work.

When plotting from a layout there is no need to plot "Extents". You plot "Layout".

There is a thread regarding the many features of viewports one should know that I wrote a while back. I'll find and post a link to it.