2d window dynamic block

danthecadman

Hey guys,

I'm doing a floor plan of an internal measure of a residence I'm working on.

instead of drawing individual windows, I would like to have a dynamic block that I can drag one side out for the length, and pull the other side out for depth, because I have varying wall thicknesses and window sizes.

I've had a go at creating it myself a while back because I do a lot of these but I can't seem to get it to work properly. My main issue is with getting the depth. I'll post a screen shot of the window I'm using, but when I create the dynamic imput for stretching the window out, the middle "glass" bit follows one side. It doesn't stay in the center.

If anyone could please help me on how to go about creating a block or if someone has one similar floating around, would be GREATLY appreciated!

Dan2D WINDOW.jpg

hi,

you need to add two stretch actions for the depth using the same distance parameter.

when u add the first stretch action for the window depth select as you did already but do not select the glass part.

with the second stretch action select the glass part. But then click on the stretch action and in the properties window there is a modification factor. Change this from 1 to 0.5.

That means when you stretch the parameter the glass will only move half the distance of the distance that you stretch it.

If u have any problems then post the dynamic block that you have.