problem in drawing spillway?

hamidciv

hi dear

:(i want drawing shape is shown below, As shown in the figure is convergent, I have to reduce the width in longitudinal cross, please help me

i really confused.

thanks a lot

2014-08-01_105712.png

Edited by hamidciv

I'm not sure you have provided all the necessary information.

This is the best I could do with the information you provided so don't fault me for the result.

First an isometric view.

Spillway1.JPG

And now a top view.

Spillway2.JPG

Your comments?

Edited by ReMark

hi remark

if your possible , more explain about drawing figure, How do I draw the cross sections for the command loft? i have reduce width in longitudinal cross,

if not enough information, please help approximate in drawing model.

thanks

Well for one thing you left out the height. And for another we have no idea what the angle is supposed to be. I guessed at both.

I created my version of your object by lofting a profile then slicing the profile using a 3Dpolyline as my slicing object. This gave me the taper.

Spillway3.jpg

The red line you see was used as my slicing object. The portion of the geometry shown in blue (see model to right) was retained while the portion shown in white was ultimately deleted.

excuse me, i now explain your geometry, i try draw my geometry ,If I did not succeed, I will bother you again.

thank you very much

Draw the profile as though you were looking at it from the side. You already have part of it drawn based upon what I am seeing in your last posted image.

Another option: You can extrude the profile and you could slice it using a surface to get the taper. Like this:

Spillway4.jpg

The cyan and magenta lines you see are for locating my slicing line (shown in red). I used the Extrude and Slice (with Surface option) commands.

Here's what it looks like using a Conceptual visual style.

Spillway5.jpg

Edited by ReMark

unfortunately Idid notunderstandwhat you mean, Whatprofiledidyouuse? The last post I sent you on the same profile you used? Loft command using the path you used it?

Didyou postinthe final model, you considered reduce width or width are Same?

is in method extrude width is reduced?

I'm sorry that your time spent

very thanks remark for help me

Edited by hamidciv

The profile I used is shown in white in the two images seen in post #7.

No, I did not use the Loft command the last time. I used the Extrude command.

The width in both methods I used was based on your supplied information of 30.02, 31.18 and 33.88. This is plainly seen in the top view of an image included in post #2.

No, the width was not created using the Extrude command. I actually extruded the model a uniform width of 40 then sliced it. First time I used the Object option. Second time I sliced using the Surface option. Either way the results are the same.

I don't create videos but I can provide you with a copy of the drawing file if you wish.

Update: I sent you an email with an attached drawing.

Edited by ReMark