Navigating without Navigation bar

Malog

HI

I try to navigate to Inventor model space and assembly space, without using any Navigation tool (View cube, Navigation wheel etc).

For example a tool using angle input related to X,Y,Z axes for positioning the "camera" would be very usefull.

Thanks in advance.

You can set xyz coordinates when creating or editing a camera. Double click on the camera when creating and a xyz dialog box will pop up. If you have an existing camera, you can pop up the xyz dialog box by selecting the camera in the browser. right mouse button, and select move, then edit as you see fit.

Hello ecshclark thanks for your answer. I am not sure how can I use a camera outside of Inventor Studio, in Model or Assembly space. I used the word "camera" meaning my point of view which "looks" the model or the assembly. Do you think it is feasible to use a camera?

Thanks again

Manolis

Do you really really really need precise angles

or

do you just need to be able to return to a "camera" angle.

If the latter - use the Orbit command to get "close enough" and then create a View Representation (and lock it).

Now you can return to that View Rep ("camera view") any time you need to.

Camera.png

You do not need to be in Studio Environment for this.

You could make a View Rep from precise coordinates by creating a precise camera in Studio, set the view to that camera, then without changing the view in any way, exit studio, and immediately create a View Rep as JD describes. Seems like a lot of nonsense, and Inventor is falling flat on it's face in this area. Other higher end CAD systems I've used allowed the user to easily store all sorts of views, precise and imprecise.

Not sure about inventor but Autocad Vpoint 1,1,1 is 45 hor 45 vertical angles simple 3d view. You can go -ve on the values so look from underneath or from back etc. Plan 0,0,1 side 0,1,0

I don't know much about AutoCAD - but that sounds like views available by clicking the View Cube.

Inventor does not have a command line.

HI all

Ecshclark thanks for your response but as you say "Seems like a lot of nonsense".

Bigal I am not sure what about you are talking.

JD Mather thanks too. I do not "really really need precise angles" but rather to have full control on the view. I am wondering if work plane and View face, would be a workaround for navigating in model and assembly space with full control. I think I read somewhere at this forum, using work axis and work point for similar purpose.

Manolis

So what is it you really really really trying to do?

I just use my 3DConnexion Space Navigator to navigate. I have full control.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks sorry for the delay I was in vacations...

Ecshclark me too I use "Look at" often but I like use it with a work plane.

JD Mather I have full control only when I use digits and numbers.

So I will DO it. I hope I will find out some time until the end of September.

Manolis