Text to Block

ORgrown

I've seen one or two on this but either they are too specifically detailed or did not work correctly for me.

AutoCAD Map 5

I have MText footages along lines. I exploded so they are Text (200') because I could not find an MText to Block but I tried out the Text to Block (which only placed the footage block on top of the text with no footage).

What I hope for:

Replace text with footage block (my footage block name happens to be D-FTG-UG), capturing the text as footage (minus the ' footage tic mark if possible), inserting that block at the same insertion and rotation as the text. *I have a routine to remove an extra tic mark.

Is this possible? I'm sure it is, because from what you guys all post, NOTHING is impossible for you! :)

Thank you everyone!

1 post a dwg for people to play with.

2 why convert to block ? Do you want total of the text that can be done also from mtext. Pretty sure its here just search say "total text".

1 post a dwg for people to play with.

2 why convert to block ? Do you want total of the text that can be done also from mtext. Pretty sure its here just search say "total text".

1. Not attaching DWG because of the following...

2. huh...yeah. Could add up the text to get a complete footage total.

Just always used a block for footages and this time my sub used text for this drawing instead...

I can't think of any reason I *HAVE* to have a footage block...my client didn't require it...so...

What am I so concerned about?

Thanks, BIGAL, I needed a reality check it seems! :)