Measurement size problem

Whenever I open AutoCAD and start a new drawing (line). The length measurement is just so big (ex: 40586, 21236, 16548, etc.) How can I figure this out. Please help me. Thanks! :(:)

Whenever I open AutoCAD and start a new drawing (line). The length measurement is just so big (ex: 40586, 21236, 16548, etc.) How can I figure this out. Please help me. Thanks! :(:)
You are probably drawing in millimeters, there are 25.4 of those to an inch, 1,000 of them to a meter. (or, you are zoomed out so far that your screen is 40,000 miles or 64,300 kilometers wide) Does AutoCad MEP have the command -dwgunits(with the leading dash)? If so, it will tell you what is going on.

I think typing the 'units' command and selecting a proper unit might help.

Just to be sure it is understood. Units probably doesn't do what you think it does. As suggested try -dwgunits instead.

Just to be sure it is understood. Units probably doesn't do what you think it does. As suggested try -dwgunits instead.

As far as I can see, the only difference in ACMEP is that -dwgunits is the command line version which is very cumbersome. Could you please explain the difference?

Edited by RobDraw

Anyone? I see this being suggested as being more appropriate than the dialog box version quite often and I do not see any advantages.

Anyone? I see this being suggested as being more appropriate than the dialog box version quite often and I do not see any advantages.

Rob the commandline version in Autocad Vanilla, includes all of the auto scaling options (which are not in the dialog box in Vanilla), including paperspace as it walks you through your choices.

Lights out on this side of the pond. :beer:

Edited by Dadgad

Oh that's right, I knew that. That option is in the dialog box version in MEP. So, I always forget that.

I'm not sure how that applies here, though.

Oh that's right, I knew that. That option is in the dialog box version in MEP. So, I always forget that.

I'm not sure how that applies here, though.

I wasn't following the thread, so i am not sure if it applies or not, but it is the most comprehensive way to deal

with any such issues in Autocad Vanilla. I was just ready to call it a night, saw your question, and thought

I would remind you. I do remember in an earlier thread your mentioning that functionality was included in MEP,

so you tended not to need that command. I always use it, every time I get drawings upon which I am asked to work,

or for new 3D models for fabrication detailing. I quite frequently get drawings which have been done on an Imperial template (we work in Metric),

so when that happens all the default scale lists, hatch and linetypes are the wrong ones. That makes me nuts, and wastes a lot of my time

fixing everything.