AutoCAD 2015 minimizing after clicking 'Show Desktop' button

sparklerach

I have upgraded to AutoCAD 2015 and when I am working on a drawing and click the Show Desktop button (Windows 7) and then go back into AutoCAD, the window is always minimised. It's driving me mad, does anyone know a fix. No other programs act like this and it's only since the upgrade to 2015.

Don't worry, I just needed to righ click the shortcut in the pinned taskbar and change the properties 'Run' to maximise. And then restart...that was the bit I was missing...only on a Monday!

+1

Cheers, it never bothered me enough to look at the cause, but now that you have posted, it solved that problem on my computer, thanks.

:(Well I left AutoCAD open over night, just locked my machine and it's back to minimised itself after I click Show Desktop. The properties are still set to maximise. So back to square one.

• 1 month later...

Hi to everybody. I have the same problem and I also become mad from it!

I use AutoCad 2015 for 2 months. When I press Win+D button to look for desktop all open windows including open AutoCad window(s) is(are) also goes down, but just AutoCad window(s) is(are) minimized!

How can we solve this problem?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi to everybody again.

I will try to explain my problem once again and more exactly.

When Autocad project is open I press Win+D buttons on keyboard to minimize all opened windows and look at desktop. When I want to return to Autocad again by pressing Alt+Tab or mouse, the Autocad window becomes smaller in size (like as I pressed Minimize/Maximize button at right up corner of Autocad window).

Please somebody help me to solve this problem.

I have the same problem. I'm using CAD 2014. Sometime My autocad automatically minimize the screen. and I have press maximize button again. How to solve this problem ?

• 9 years later...