Scroll Bars will move (or slide) a paper space locked View Port.

muck

When AutoCAD is in Paper space view port the scroll Bars (when turned on) will slide of move the

View Port even though the view port is locked. Is this a AutoCAD bug? Is there a way to fix

this?

Thank you,

Does this change what is displayed within the Viewport extents, or does this just move you in paperspace, changing what you see of the Viewport (which remains unchanged)?

When I am in layout I will double click on the VP to get into model space to work objects in model space

through the port. If I use the scroll bars it will slide he image up/down or side to side.

Once that is occurs I notice in layout that the image is offset in the VP. At that time I need to unlock the port and

slide things back in place.

Thank you,

When I am in layout I will double click on the VP to get into model space to work objects in model space

through the port. If I use the scroll bars it will slide he image up/down or side to side.

Once that is occurs I notice in layout that the image is offset in the VP. At that time I need to unlock the port and

slide things back in place.

Thank you,

Yet another reason I do not use scroll bars :thumbsup:; however, I just gave it a quick test.

Very strange... With a locked viewport, manually tracking the scroll bar, the viewport's locked view is modified - and not like when editing MText, and then restores to original coordinates. Undoing to restore works. Then a second attempt to repeat does NOT work, instead now the paperspace actually pans, etc. with the scroll bar manipulation and viewport remains unchanged.

I'll log the issue with Autodesk Developer Network.

Cheers

[Edit] - FWIW, while 2014 failed to keep the viewport locked in my earlier test, 2015 does correct this in a second test.

I like using the scroll bars because it allows vert/Horz movement only.

I have had the scroll bar issue in the newer versions of cad.

Thank you,

I like using the scroll bars because it allows vert/Horz movement only.

Alternatives:

1. Use -pan and ortho

2. Use the shift key while panning with the middle mouse button.

2. Use the shift key while panning with the middle mouse button.

I use this one quite frequently but you need to be cautious about the order you hit the buttons. If you hit the shift key first, you go into 3D orbit. Then you have to wait for it to finish.