LISP to check if the polyline is in the centre of 2 polylines/lines

vernonlee

Currently my work now involves checking if polylines is in the center between 2 polylines/lines.

If there are not, i need to shift/stretch to make it centre. As usual, some changes are very small & visually cannot be picked out unless i meaure them.

Currently i am measuring them 1 by 1 which is as you can imagine, pretty tedious.

I searched for a couple of days but was not able to find any lisp that can highlight those lines that are not in the center.

Would anyone come across such LISPS that does the job, or can someone help me out by attempting to write out a LISP.

Thanks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vernonlee

• 7o7

• pBe

• hanhphuc

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any lisp/macros or quick commands for this?

Gave my boss a deadline which is by the end of this week.

Struggling now. :cry:

Hi BIGAL, in my case, all the center lines have already been drawn & i just need to check if they are still center as they were some changes throughout the whole drawings.

That thread is for creating center lines. right? Unless i am mistaken?

Not sure just did a bit of a search using words that I thought would produce a match, really need the end user to see if it fits their needs.

Hi, confirm not applicable. I ever came across that thread during my search before though.

Any help on this? Lisp preferably. So that the lines that are not centered between 2 lines can be lighlighted. Save me the trouble of measuring them 1 by 1.

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

Above part of the dwg i am working on. The grey colour is the walls.

The coloured lines in the center represent different wall materials. As can be seen some are not centre as the layout as been amended. This are the obvious ones.

But some although looks center, has too be measured to verified it. See my comments. I have dimension it for easy understanding.

This is like about 10% of part of a single drawing. I have total about 30 such drawings.

hope you guys understand why i am asking for help.

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

So are you asking for a program that will "fix" the walls for you? or just a routine that will tell [or show] you that its not equal?

So are you asking for a program that will "fix" the walls for you? or just a routine that will tell [or show] you that its not equal?

Just a way to highlight those lines that are not equal/ center between the walls.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, in that case we need a sample drawing as a go-by otherwise we would be guessing what or what not to consider.

Attached is a small sample of the plan.

The wall line is in layer 0.

The center wall is under different wall types layer. This are the lines that need to be check if ther are center of the wall or not.

Hope to have a script or lisp to help witht eh process instead od manually dimensioning 1 by 1.

wall with center line.dwg

Hope to get some help on this. Thanks

did you get an extension on the deadline by your boss or do you want to have it for a future task? :)

Extension. I have 2 more storey left from my first batch of dwgs that I spent the reminding last 2 weeks to measure every single poly line & move/stretch it.

Will continue next batch of drawings after finishing the last 2 storey, which will be 30 storey meaning 30 drawings.

Basically I still need help on this. Appreciate if any kind soul would be able to help me on this.

Thanks.

P/s this isn't a one off thing. It is a required process for every project.

Basically I still need help on this. Appreciate if any kind soul would be able to help me on this.

i'm not CAD draftman, if my idea sound silly but

if you just want to highlight, maybe can try this:

Method1:

1. Change all color to grey or darker color save it.

2. open new drawing & XREF it (1)

3. ncopy any center line to check

4. offset object (3) ie:redraw with different lighter color, try OFF2

Method2:

Alternative way not so effective but can try?

1. move UCS to centre end point as base

2. just put a dimordinate place whether X-ing or Y-ing (horizontal or vertical)

3. Use osnap "_nea", dynamic move the end dimension along the side the read dimension

Method3: using code is the last option.

The center wall is under different wall types layer. This are the lines that need to be check if ther are center of the wall or not.

Hope to have a script or lisp to help witht eh process instead od manually dimensioning 1 by 1.

I'll have a look-see tomorrow dude :)

Currently my work now involves checking if polylines is in the center between 2 polylines/lines.

If there are not, i need to shift/stretch to make it centre. As usual, some changes are very small & visually cannot be picked out unless i meaure them.

Currently i am measuring them 1 by 1 which is as you can imagine, pretty tedious.

I searched for a couple of days but was not able to find any lisp that can highlight those lines that are not in the center.

Would anyone come across such LISPS that does the job, or can someone help me out by attempting to write out a LISP.

Thanks

[ATTACH]50505[/ATTACH]

Hi vernonlee.

Check these two lisps might help you.

http://www.surveydrawing.net/free-lisp-export-polyline-length.html

http://www.surveydrawing.net/free-lisp-create-cntre-line.html

i'm not CAD draftman, if my idea sound silly but

if you just want to highlight, maybe can try this:

Method1:

1. Change all color to grey or darker color save it.

2. open new drawing & XREF it (1)

3. ncopy any center line to check

4. offset object (3) ie:redraw with different lighter color, try OFF2

Method2:

Alternative way not so effective but can try?

1. move UCS to centre end point as base

2. just put a dimordinate place whether X-ing or Y-ing (horizontal or vertical)

3. Use osnap "_nea", dynamic move the end dimension along the side the read dimension

Method3: using code is the last option.

Hi. Thanks for offering alternative solution. Not sure what option 2 means but option 1 is actually close to what I am currently doing ( it is "the" process rather than method)

To clarify, the walls is actually an xref in the drawings where the centre poly line is. And I am checking the centre line of this drawings.

Thanks for trying to help though :)

Edited by vernonlee