Line Weight

rgarcia5

I am having problems with the line weight on my drawing. The second picture has the line weight I want. When I use the hide command it gets rid of the line weight. What can I do so it will keep my line weight?

Screenshot 2014-08-06 13.55.59.jpg

Screenshot 2014-08-06 13.56.14.jpg

Are your ACTUAL line weights really that fat? The display screen line weight and the plotted lineweight are two different things. The display lineweight is merely a ratio to show thinner and fatter, the intensity of which is controlled by a slide button on your Options >> Display Tab. The displayed lineweights have little or nothing to do with what is plotted, other than the fat ones are fatter than the skinny ones. Plotted lineweights come out exactly the width specified in the lineweight properties no matter what the screen shows you.

Are your ACTUAL line weights really that fat? The display screen line weight and the plotted lineweight are two different things. The display lineweight is merely a ratio to show thinner and fatter, the intensity of which is controlled by a slide button on your Options >> Display Tab. The displayed lineweights have little or nothing to do with what is plotted, other than the fat ones are fatter than the skinny ones. Plotted lineweights come out exactly the width specified in the lineweight properties no matter what the screen shows you.

My other drawings that are 2D have the same settings as this one and still shows the line weight I desire. Does it have anything to do with my drawing being in 3D?

Um, this actually was a question.

How about you post the drawing? Then again, if it is your screen display "lineweight" adjustment slide button, it would only be affected by YOUR personal workspace setting and we would not be able to discern its affect.

Another thing, we all seem to be ignoring the Hide command you mentioned. Could you please explain in more detail, how and when you are using that command?