Check to see if the Drawing has an Xref in it

nod684

Hi all...

am just wondering if there is a way to check if there is an Xref in a drawing without opening them. Check the whole folder and list which drawing has an xref.

the reason? commonly we use e-transmit to bind multiple drawings, and knowing e-transmit command; if there is an unloaded / unrefference drawing it will skip the file and goes on to the next file.

the log report was also deleted and no way for us to trace if there is an xref in each drawing but open them one by one.

can this be done?

Edited by nod684

I don't use the Design Center, but I suspect that there is an easy way to do it,

and that is where I would start if I wanted to do this.

Use Design Center, Search, upper left pick Xref for look for, continue from there.

Thanks rkent for filling in the gaps, I knew that was where to start from your previous post where you described it,

and I tried it after reading your post and was pretty impressed, a great resource for sure. :beer:

Try this, be sure that no file in the chosen directory is open.

(defun c:xct()
 (vl-load-com)
 (setq dir (vl-directory-files (setq dirname (strcat (vl-filename-directory  (getfiled "Open file" (getvar "dwgprefix") "dwg" 4) ) "\\")) ))
 (foreach file dir
   (if (and (/= file ".") (/= file ".."))
     (progn
(setq odbx (vla-GetInterfaceObject (vlax-get-acad-object) (strcat "ObjectDBX.AxDbDocument." (itoa (atoi (getvar "AcadVer"))))))
       (vla-open odbx (strcat dirname file))
       (setq st "" n 0)
       (vlax-for item (vla-get-Blocks odbx)
         (if (= (vla-get-IsXRef item) :vlax-true)
           (setq st (strcat st (vla-get-Name item) "; ")
          n (1+ n))
         )
       )
       (if (/= st "")
         (princ (strcat "\nFile " (vla-get-Name odbx) " has " (itoa n) " Xref" (if (> n 1) "s" "") " : " st)))
       (vlax-release-object odbx)
     )
   )
 )
 (textscr) (princ) 
)

• 2 weeks later...

As an alternative to the lisp.

Use the reference Manager. go to windows start, look for the autodesk folder and here you will find a program called reference manager. locate the drawings that you wish to check and it will list all items referenced in the drawings. if you sort by type, you will see what, if any, xrefs are in which drawings.

7o7

The error took a place because the OP may had files other than Autocad formats in the same folder , so to go around this error I would rewrite it this way . :)

(setq dir (vl-directory-files (setq dirname (strcat (vl-filename-directory  (getfiled "Open file" (getvar "dwgprefix") "dwg" 4) ) "\\")) [color=magenta]"*.dwg"[/color] [color=seagreen]1[/color]))