How to unlock the drawing Autocad 2014

How can i unlock the drawing for editing? i received the drawing from other client that is locked. I tried to offset a line or move but it didn't work, it showed the little lock icon when i hover over the line. appreciate any help.

lock.PNG

Please note that the layer containing that entity is locked, not the entire drawing. Just open the pop-up list of layers (or call LAYER command) and click on the lock icon of the layer containing said item.

• Like 1

Please note that the layer containing that entity is locked, not the entire drawing. Just open the pop-up list of layers (or call LAYER command) and click on the lock icon of the layer containing said item.

"Pop up list of layers" were you referring to layer manager?

layers.jpgI went to check on the layer manager window, all layers are unlocked, but i was unable to do anything ex: move, offset, match Prop, change color.... What else could each be? anybody have any idea?

Have you asked the client for some help?

He didn't answer the phone, he was not in the office, don't know when he will get back to me.

Due to their confidential I can't not post their drawing here. hope you understand. i guess i can try to explode the whole drawing.

Here is probably what happen to this file, i thought it's interesting to share, i am not go na waste my whole day try to get into this drawing cause i tried my best. I will let them figure that out and get back to me.

lock auto.PNG

I was going to suggest that a constraint was applied. I don't use them so I thought it better to wait for someone else to suggest and agree with them.

I tried to removed the geometric constraint using DELCONSTRAINT, it still show that padlock next to any line i clicked. I used DELCONSTRAINT command before for other dwg, it worked but not on this one. i tried to just copy any obj on the screen and set a side but nothing being copied. Weird.

just a quick update, they person who originally drew this drawing got back to me, he unlocked and sent it back to me so good to go, thanks everyone for your input.

• 6 years later...

Same answer as 7 years ago, can you post a copy of the .dwg

Or get in touch with the sender if this is locked by an external program as they are the only ones who can unlock it.

9 hours ago, Karendse said:

Hi! Can you please help me I have the same problem!

Thanks

By "locked" are you saying the drawing is password protected?   If not, then how exactly is it locked?

Edited by ReMark

This kind of locking can technically be done in the file properties.

That may also be something to check out.

Is the file read only in properties?

-ChriS