Plot Style selection problelm

rsaei

When I select a plot style it does not select the one that I selected but instead it selects one that is usually two away from the one I select or it jumps to one further away and never to the one I want. Does anyone else have this problem? I have AutoCAD 2006.

When you start your plot, what is the plot style set to? There's a plot style called monochrome.ctb that comes with AutoCAD and if you edit the plot style it should show a list of colors and all the colors should be assigned to black.

Editting the default plot styles, or any other default styles, is not good practice. It's much better if you make your own, if the default ones aren't what you need. They can be used as a starting point and then save as a unique name.

Editting the default plot styles, or any other default styles, is not good practice. It's much better if you make your own, if the default ones aren't what you need. They can be used as a starting point and then save as a unique name.

The proble I have isn't related to the specific plot style. In the plot window for example: If the plot style row was set up as 1,2,3,4,5,...., If I were to select number 3 then the computer would jump down 2 columns and select number 5 instead. So if I want so if I want number 3 I have to select number 1.

I was only pointing that out because stevendrew suggested that you edit the monochrome.ctb and I didn't want you doing something that might mess things up for you at a later point.

So, did you try the service pack(s) mentioned above?

I haven't tried that yet, unless maybe I installed it in the past since we have such an older version of the program. Thank you, I will give it a try.

When I select a plot style it does not select the one that I selected but instead it selects one that is usually two away from the one I select or it jumps to one further away and never to the one I want. Does anyone else have this problem? I have AutoCAD 2006.
Sounds like a computer incompatibility issue. I am experimenting with running 2009 LT on a 64 bit Win 8 machine. I get all sorts of menu selection errors similar to what you have there. It could be the on board graphics memory I am running also.

What system are you running 2006 on?

I'm sorry. The system I am running it on is Windows XP
Well, that should be OK. I was taking a shot in the dark since My experiment is giving me similar weirdness. Could be a suspect graphics memory, that is where the display screen image is processed. Of course, if it is only the plot style selection list that is giving you trouble, I am pretty much out of ideas for the moment.

In my case, I have the main menu items acting strange, for instance FILE. The dropdown menu opens and closes on the same click. I have to click and drag it open, hold the left button still down, and release it on the menu item I want to use. It's random too. :? At least I know my software is not completely compatible with my OS, so my only solution is to upgrade to something that will run on 64 bit Win 8. Sorry I'm not much help.

This one has a lot of people head scratching apparently. It's pretty unusual.