Using the Cut Sweep tool

chubarka

Hello,

This is a tool for use in a wire-forming machine and I need to cut a v-groove in the center of this hexagonal shape. I have used the plane tool to drop a plane to the exact dimenson from the top surface that I want it, then I used CTRL/Select to select the top edge of the shape. I then used the Convert Entities tool to drop the selected sketch shape down to the center of the blade. Now I need to create a plane perpendicular to that sketch so that I can use the Cut/Sweep tool.

After I did exit the sketch my sketch dissapears, and I need it to select a part of the sketch profile, then a point to create the plane I need for the v-groove sketch.Then by selecting the profile sketch and the path sketch It should cut my groove.What is wrong with my sequence to make me lose the sketch. I have to exit the sketch in order to proceed.

I have to be missing something real basic here, if anyone could take the time to help me out It would be appreciated.

chubarka

Groove.jpg

You can always Show a sketch. Simply right click on it in the browser.

Attach your *.sldprt file here.

Dr. Mather,

Thank you kindly for your response. I actually found the problem, and that is .......my extreme dumbness. I had the "Hide all Types" selection in View checked off, which threw the Kibosh on my procedure. I check that off to get rid of the clutter while I am working on a model, and forget that I did it.

Thank you again, sir.

Chubarka

Sq Groove.jpg