change from inches to feet when drawing

I am working on a site plan and most of the dimensions are large, so I want to be able to type in "30" and it makes a line that is 30 FEET long rather than 30 INCHES long as it currently is. If I want itin feet, I have to put the tick mark in which is time consuming and annoying when I could just have it be feet not inches. I tried going into 'units' and changing them to feet but that didn't work. - see attached

Thank you

cadhelp1.jpg

In order for that to work, you would have to scale the entire drawing down by a factor of 12. AutoCAD only sees units. It doesn't matter if they are mm or miles. The command line version of units, -units or -dwgunits, gives you the option to rescale the drawing.

AutoCAD only sees units. It doesn't matter if they are mm or miles.

That's not entirely correct. When using "Architectural" or "Engineering", AutoCAD does assume 1 drawing unit = 1 inch. Basically, if you work with "feet and inches" your default units are inches,so 30 feet must either be entered as 30' or 360

If you work in decimal feet (or metric), then the user can determine what "1 unit" is equal to.