screw/bolt/pitch/thread dimensions

bjenk8100

Hello,

I am using solidworks and inventor. I need to know this for both programs. I am working for a company that will make various screws and bolts and I have been looking everywhere online for the pitch/thread size and angles for various size diameters. Ideally I would like this for bot metric and imperial. I find a lot of charts and stuff but I just want something that has diameter of screw/bolt and its pitch and thread dimensions simply put. I am having a problem finding this. I know what to do after I have these dimensions to drafting it so that is a good thing. I just dont want to make things up. I find 60 deg is super popular for pitch. Any help without having to buy the manual would be awsome. If it comes down to it, this company does metric so that is most important.

Brian

Doesn't Inventor automagically generate accurate 3D Modeled threads and taps?

I am pretty sure that it does, in which case you can let the software do it for you. :|

Nah, it depends on what you are using it for. I know there are options for the path/helix/thread. You still have to draw the pitch to sweep with. If you plan on drilling through wood the pitch is different from metal. People have tried this. I will probably go to one of those bookstores and get a manual. One of those manuals every engineer should have. They have a lot of other stuff too. Much better to have a physical copy with a nice bind. Carry it around places and ask people how to use it, lol. On a side note, I am still proud I was able to get Inventor to work on windows 8.1. I am not proud to have 8.1 but this is what you have to do. Install it, install sp2 update, then realize that did not work. Uninstall it. Ask Google what is going on? Turn off firewall and UAC and reinstall SP2 and Inventor. Lol, what is that all about. It is a legal version too. I liked the free trial but could not afford 15 so i bought an extra subscription from someone, 2014. For humor, working with screws is not too bad. You can play around with the you screwed up kind of stuff around office. I screw up and down usually, except weekends. Then I screw in and out.