Can not activate the AutoCAD 2012. Help needed.

aparit

Hi, I have installed AutoCAD 2012 64bit on my laptop. When i try to activate it i get some failure notice which ends with fatal error. Please take a look at it and tell me what is wrong.

My laptop spec- I have Acer Aspire 5920 with Intel Core2Duo (T5750) (2 GHz); Intel GMA X3100; and 2 GB DDR2. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Please help guys, I have my project to finish. :unsure: :(

Thanks.

cad error.jpg

Does your laptop meet the minimum requirements for running AutoCAD 2012?

Where did you obtain your copy of AutoCAD 2012?

Are there other AutoDesk products installed on this computer?

1) I think that my computer meets the min requirements but i am not sure as the webpage (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-AutoCAD.html) doesn't produce any results. Instead it shows the 'oops' page. :?:?

2) I downloaded the trial setup from autodesk.com and I want to register for the student category (yes I am eligible for that- final year of my engg degree. :D)

3) No, there are not any other Autodesk products installed.

That error is caused by a missing product information file, the file holds your serial number and product keys.

It may be missing for a few different reasons.

Take a look at the info and soloutions at these links:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/01/error-1-5-2-adlmpitsetproductinformation-failed-3-2-security-permissions.html

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/general-licensing-what-is-the-productinformationpit-file.html

Thanks for the help guys. But unfortunately i was not able to solve my problem.

this whole Autodesk with windows complexity thing is unbearable. why do they have to make simple things so much complicated. the installer doesn't recognize or accept previously installed vc and .net packages. the website is having some problems. i mean what the heck? :?

I have decided to finish my project on friend's machine on solidworks. and i am not using these "specially programmed for talented programmers and windows masters" pieces of waste ever again.:x:glare:

Again thanks for the help and sorry for the unnecessary chatter (guess i got infected by the unnecessary virus from the autodesk trivia i have been digesting in past 3 days.)

best of luck with ur autodesk prodects and best regards.:unsure:

I haven't ever used the trial download but from the Autocad trial webpage:

•There is no need to enter a serial number. Just select “I want to try this product.”

BUT ALSO

•You also must register for an Autodesk ID to use your trial.

Did you do that?

I would guess here that you need that ID in the product information file for Autocad to launch.