insert dwg/block using button

gazzalp

I know this question is all over the net, but I cant seem to get the answer to work for me. I want to be able to insert a dwg file as a block using a menu button (therefore using macro script). For example, I have a post tension anchor so I want to save this anchor somewhere, then when I open a post tension drawing, I want to hit the anchor button and it will insert my anchor at a point I specify. Do I need to save the anchor itself as a block in my "Anchor.dwg" or can it all be lines? once this is saved somewhere, what do I type in my macro name so it will insert into a drawing? Thanks

You can set up menu's toolbars palettes commands etc. The simple difference is in the INSERT command if you use just insert blockname it will insert from dwg if you use a full path it will insert an external block/dwg. insert "c:/myblocks/tools/tool1

You can also do a check to see if block exists rather than load again but macro gets longer. I would write a global lisp defun that's autoloaded this way you only need very simple code (insmyblock blockname) and can be used in any routine.