Ifc In revit

helpme

Hi all i have some projects designed in digital projects and saved as ifc file when i export to revit all the files become as mass and i couldnt edit them.

Please help

IFC doesn't translate 100%. Revit 2015 made an astronomical stride in IFC support and is the best I've seen yet when exchanging IFC through import/export. Unless I can obtain the IFC files to test myself, it's hard to help or offer any further advice. IFC is tricky and a case by case basis, but one thing's for certain: it's never as seamless as you wished it was.

They will stay generic models/mass elements. You will have to re-model from scratch if you want to do it right, unfortunately.

i have some ifc file, when i import them in revit 2014 i can see them only on 3d view and it is in mass when i click on edit mass option and when i select it looks like a grouped file and when i try to explode it it gives an error saying 3d objects are not seen so only 2d something like that....

feel sad that i cant edit them or cant see the properties of the file: cry:

Thank you so much for the answer.....

• 3 months later...