Need help with creating a "Fly eye" Lens.

KennyJ

Hello and thank you in advance for reading my post and helping me figure this out.

I've been trying to add a "fly eye" pattern to a partial dome shaped part.Its more challenging than I thought it would be.

I made a couple attempts using emboss and its not working out for me.

See the attached picture for what i'm trying to achieve on the attached ipt file.

I cant seem to figure out how to get a plane that is tangent with the center of the top surface for starters.

So I made a plane that was close to tangent and drew a pattern of circles. Then tried to emboss the circles onto the part and its not working.

I'm not sure if the emboss is failing because the plane is not created correctly or for other reasons.

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this? Please help if you have any ideas.

Thank You.

Flys-Eye.jpg

Solid7.ipt

Attached file doesn't work.

In what way does it not work?

Opened fine for me?

It is a Derived Component.

Simply skip the reference and then right click on the Derived node and Suppress the Link if it is bothersome.

It probably would have been more useful to have the original rather than the derived for the purposes of solving the problem.