3D dimensioning problem

MinaRAI

Hi,

Please help me with my 3D dimensioning. I have some problem placing the outside diameter (A Ø2.50)or radius of 1.25 (R1.25) properly. I have managed to place the inside diameter Ø1.38 okay. When I select the outside diameter I see there that it's Ø2.50 (or when I use radius I see R1.25) but when I click to place the dims it reflects the value of the inside diameter which is Ø1.38. The arrowhead also points to the inside diameter.

The same goes for the other outside diameter I marked "B". Same behavior, when I click to select the outside diameter it shows there that it's Ø2.50 (or R1.25 if I select radius) but when I click to place the dim it reflects the inside diameter of Ø1.00.

My UCS seems to be right, correct? I do not understand why I can't place the outside diameter (or radius) correctly. I can use the multileader but I just wanna know why there is this behavior and how can I effectively place that particular outside diameter / radius properly. Images are below.

Looking forward for your assistance :)

rhhXAKk.png

UUvcOFB.png

jdmgLUS.png

Might I ask if there is a way to let the Dim style setting stay in AutoCAD 2013? I always have to start from scratch doing it all over again when I do a new drawing....

Thank you :)

Can I save that to a usb stick and recover that to the new drawing I will make?

Might I ask if there is a way to let the Dim style setting stay in AutoCAD 2013? I always have to start from scratch doing it all over again when I do a new drawing....

Learn how to create a Template file *.dwt.

Well it appears to have been fixed in 2015. I doubt that AutoDesk would go all the way to 2010 to fix the problem. Don't they limit themselves to a three year span?

Well it appears to have been fixed in 2015. I doubt that AutoDesk would go all the way to 2010 to fix the problem. Don't they limit themselves to a three year span?

OP mentions 2013 in the body of the post...

Oh thanks for the information on the bug. I do am using Acad 2013 at the moment. It's what installed in the rental but before I started out in Acad 2010. I also had some issues with placing the angular dims of both the 45deg in this topic,

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?87615-Isometric-drawing-to-3D-question/page5

It was jumping from where I want it to be placed (yellow circle and red lines) though it still reflects the correct dim which is 45deg. I wanted to place it just below or within the "slice" but it would jump further...Is that also a "bug"...?

rUSiUhj.png

Edited by MinaRAI

MinaRAI, very nice presentation of the problems you are having.

Oh thanks. I do that so it would be more understandable as I post my question (well I try) and for "next-guy" that would be in "my shoes" self-studying so in a way when he/she encounters such they may be guided however small it may be.