Structural Steel Models Bevel (Fillet Values)?

autocad2014newbie

It's one of two things. A messed up system or operator error. I loaded the program on my home computer last night and ran it in both AutoCAD 2010 and 2013. No problems encountered. There is one more possibility...you have a corrupted version of the program. Did you practice safe computing or did you not use protection? Bad boy.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• autocad2014newbie

• Dadgad

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I, too, was wondering if it could a corrupted version. We've been using Al's Steel Mill for several months with no such issues. Sorry to hear you have had so many probs while trying to get it working, Dadgad.

When I open the AppLoad dialogue and follow the path to the folder, there is nothing for me to load. None of the extensions match any of the files inside. Do I need to download Lisp libraries or does it need to be compiled or what? There are no .lsp files in the Updated_files of Al's Steel Mill nor are there any STL_HELP.txt files. just .dim and one .dlc file.

This is a list of the files that should be in the unzipped folder. See the one that I have circled in red? It is a lisp file. That is the one you should load.

You do NOT have to download a lisp library. You do NOT have to compile any code. All the work has been done for you.

SteelMillLispFileName.PNG

BTW...we are both running the same version of AutoCAD today....2014.

Sorry, but I have to go out into the plant for a while. I'll check back upon my return. Good luck.

Edited by ReMark

This is all I see in the Updated_Files folder you said I only required to download. I guess I am still missing some files from the original Al's Steel Mill.zip which is broken on the website :cry:. Can anyone zip and upload their Al's Steel Mill plugin files?

updated.jpg

I have it installed and am able to get it to load successfully, but once I type STL into the command line and press enter, no dialogue opens.

Before, the STL command had two icons, don't remember the first one, and another with a white and blue icon that seemed like a help icon, but now, neither of those icons appear. Tried it with and without the updated files and I keep getting the same result. Not sure what's going on. I hope I'm not having the same problem Dadgad is having. Does this mean some of my own autocad files are corrupt/not found too now?

I really want to get this to work as I want to sketch up a small weekend project with the steel mill app :(.

test1.jpg

test2.jpg

I think I figured it out. I believe the problem has to do with administrator privileges. I had originally placed the files inside my c:/program files folder, but then I placed it in My Documents where it wouldn't require any system permissions and I was able to get the dialogue to load now. It asked me if I was sure I wanted to load unknown executable from untrusted locations, clicked yes, and it loaded fine. Now I'm wondering if my autocad system files will have any sort of problems the way Dadgad was having. It's a fresh install and haven't don't know the program well enough yet to have custom stuff in it other than this app. Is there any way I can test if any of my autocad files are corrupted/missing now? Should I reinstall my autocad?

STOP!

You are worrying over nothing. Unless you are experiencing problems with your command aliases (Are you?) then I would put away the worry beads and get to work.

NO! You should NOT reinstall AutoCAD! Are you experiencing any problems? If so describe what is happening.

BTW, you see STL and STLOUT on your screen because AutoCAD is trying to guess which command you want to use. There is nothing wrong with that. It is normal (default) behavior unless you want to change it.

Load the program. Type STL at the command line then press the Enter key. The dialog box should appear. Make your choices. Be productive.

FYI - When and if you do have a problem in AutoCAD your first response should NOT be to reinstall AutoCAD. That will almost always be the wrong response.

Is there a place nearby where you can get some training?