How to draw this gear? (URGENT)

djv2shan

I really need help to draw the gear picture. I really hope someone expert can show me how to do it and also make a tutorial video of it as it is important for me to finish my project. There is another picture attached showing the full radius of that gear. Please people, I need your help in how to draw this in AUTOCAD 2012. :(

1000px-Ratchet_drawing2.jpg

1000px-Fullassembly_drawing.jpg

Like JD Draw 1 tooth its a saw not gear but same principle then just use Array P follow the prompts, draw the tooth shape now Array P the tooth then pedit and join all the segments into 1 pline then just Extrude.

The image has on purpose left some details out so you have to work it out if you look carefully the lengths and angles are there to draw the tooth. Use the parallel distance of 0.1 as a start. I am not mechanical but you need to know about working out gear,saw,ratchet PCD.

Like JD Draw 1 tooth its a saw not gear but same principle then just use Array P follow the prompts, draw the tooth shape now Array P the tooth then pedit and join all the segments into 1 pline then just Extrude.

The image has on purpose left some details out so you have to work it out if you look carefully the lengths and angles are there to draw the tooth. Use the parallel distance of 0.1 as a start. I am not mechanical but you need to know about working out gear,saw,ratchet PCD.

Not important, but it looks like a clockwork timing gear to me, with possibly a spring loaded lock lever popping into each notch as the gear rotates. ;)

the outer radius is not given. That's the major issue for me. The teeth also has a specific angle between them and I have no idea how to finish it. I need someone to guide me through this whole process.

How are you going to draw it if you don't have all the dimensions?

It is a geometry problem - all of the information needed to solve the problem is there, the problem is, one of the dimensions is incorrect.

I will assume the angle dimension is the incorrect dimension as it is difficult to measure angles out on the shop floor anyhow (my image shows the correct angle).

Using the geometry - this is the OD Ø1.830076281 in

Geometry Information.png

Not bad JD Mather.

You right, It's geometric problem. But I tried an another way. but same trouble one dimension 0.1 seem wrong. However the angle is good.

What do you think ?

Teethl gear.jpg

.... But I tried an another way. but same trouble one dimension 0.1 seem wrong. However the angle is good.

As I stated, one of the given dimensions is incorrect. Out on the shop floor - the linear dimensions are trivial to measure to significant accuracy.

Angle dimensions are very difficult to measure beyond 0.5°, so I choose to use the linear dimensions as the controlling dimensions.