Huge map on multiple paper sheets

Bender

I have a huge maps with a lot of polylines ,and i want to print it out.Unfortunatly i do not have a A0 plotter and was wondering if there is somehow i can do so that all my A3 sheets interesect so i dont miss any area out?Is there a way i can see al my viewports?

I would use some lines in model space to use a guides for the viewports. They can be put on a non-plotting layer if you don't want them on the prints.

Umm, I don't think AutoCAD would like that. You are in model space and you want to see the viewports to see model space again and see live changes. I think AutoCAD would puke.

Here is what I've done before:

Make first viewport. Trace the viewport with a polyline. Use CHSPACE to move the polyline to model space.

Make next viewport so that the view gets just one edge of previous viewport. Trace viewport with polyline. CHSPACE again.

Rinse and repeat.

If RobDraw invented it 20 years ago, then yes it is. Otherwise it is the method that I have been using for 20 or more years.

Unusually, I print drawings with no formal title block. I use the fullest expanse of the paper, because surveys come in all shapes and sizes.

I have blocks of all the sheets sizes drawn at 1 to 1, and then insert them into a drawing at the required scale. By copying this block around the drawing, you can organize the sheet layout. (put the blocks on a layer Viewport and make it non plotting).

In paper space, I manually get the required shape to nearly fill the screen, then pick the viewport and set it to the required scale. Then you can pan the drawing until it matches the viewport, and then lock the viewport. Continue with all sheets.

In model space, the layout of the viewports can be copied and scaled down to give a sheet layout for each sheet. Manually increase the width for that particular sheet.

SheetLayout.jpg

There was some posts here about "Poster" option which does the auto tiling producing all the required sheets, as an alternative outsource the plot to A0 not sure where you are but around here a few dollars and a 250m walk.

If you have Adobe Acrobat or even the free Adobe Reader or something similar, you can plot to PDF full size and then plot tiled to the printer.