how can I edit/add a revision entry project wide?

RORI57

Hello,

I am familiar with autocad products however this is my first time using autocad electrical 2014. I've been assigned to update drawings for commission reasons and I'm having difficulty editing revision blocks. So my question is how can I edit/add a revision entry project wide?

I am familiar with autocad products however this is my first time using autocad electrical 2014. I've been assigned to update drawings for commission reasons and I'm having difficulty editing revision blocks. So my question is how can I edit/add a revision entry project wide?

Methinks your question to be very different from Drawing Properties (DWGPROPS Command).

ROR157: Please refrain from posting the same question in multiple threads as it will just cause confusion down the line. I've already posted to one thread and I'd hate like hell to post the same reply to two or more other threads. Understand that we are volunteers and some times patience really is a virtue. Thank you.

Yes but its in this layout. A co-worker suggested a COPYBASE command but that still requires going through all 400 +/- drawings and pasting blocks in. Ive attached an image for reference.

I don't see an image. Sorry.

If the person who did the drawings used the ACADE title block to list revisions then updates can be made singly or to the entire project via the Title Block Update command.

If the person who did the drawings did not take advantage of the built lines given over to filling in the revision block then that was a big mistake.

• 2 months later...

You can utilize the WDT and WDL file extention in association with the Title Block Update function to update any block, the first item is block name... than block parameter... As long as the block name's are the same and the block parameter.... You are in business.

The Link provided by ReMark is what you should be reading... just realize it doesn't have to be a title block...

You also dont need to update every drawing you can update any individual drawing you want by selecting project wide and only transferring the ones needing an update.