Points from survey data

NEWMAN1006

Can you separate the point number, description, and the elevation to go to different layers so I could turn them on and off without having to constantly change the point style under the tool space?

Thank you

POINT PIC.jpg

Can you separate the point number, description, and the elevation to go to different layers so I could turn them on and off without having to constantly change the point style under the tool space?

I believe you mean Point Label Style?

In which case, no... The Point Label Style's components are all on the same layer (see Label Style Composer, General tab)... So to achieve what you're after would require that you change the parent Point Group's Point Label Style assignment, or that of the individual COGO Points themselves as override in Properties Pane, etc.

It would be a nice enhancement, if Label Styles generally were automagically providing an element for each Component on Layout tab, which would be modified by assignment in a pseudo-Display tab for Label Styles.

Cheers

I dont have a way of changing the style parameters But I do have a tool bar option to pick any style I have without having to go through the more complex properties way. I wrote it when I created display contours via a tool bar, I have precoded the 7 common ones I use. Its here, you can have 1 surface or many the image shows pick a contour and apply to which surface if only 1 then just does it. http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?49417-Changing-CIV3d-contours-simply&highlight=contours

Pick cont.jpg

I will find the change points style pretty sure posted it as well

CH Points style.jpg