Completely disable 3d mode + Green and Red Cursor

I don't know what I accidentally pressed or changed to make my cross hairs red and green, I think it has to do with 3d mode. is there a way to completely disable this so there's no accidentally entering 3d mode. Super frustrating. I hate 3d cad and will never ever use it and I hope no one else does either.

You probably have the visual style control on in the upper left of the screen. It should say 2D Wireframe, if it doesn't then pick on top of the text that is displayed and select 2D Wireframe. You can turn this off in options. 3D Modeling tab, lower left and uncheck All other visual Styles.

Another way it could have happened is you held down the shift key and moved the mouse wheel. To get back from that you would use UCS, World. And then Plan, World.

Fixed it. It was a UCS problem. I didn't have the thing on the top left corner to change the view but enabled it in options. I did the middle click shift and that's how it happened.

Oh, and to answer the question about my dislike for 3d CAD. I have never found it to be particularly useful, it's easy to accidentally get into it when you aren't using it at all, and let's be honest, not many people use it, at least in my industry. I suspect it's because there are so many other 3d programs out there that are leagues ahead of it. Also, in the past, it messed up my drawing and required hours of time to fix cause someone had some of their components in 3d mode, not realizing the person had some in 3d, my added lines were connecting all over the place and i couldn't simply flatten it cause it was on my Mac (which is another issue in itself) so yeah, a bit of a personal vendetta against it I will admit. But, I also don't think that it's that great to begin with, especially when there are so many better options out there for 3d work.

...to answer the question about my dislike for 3d CAD... ...I hate 3d cad and will never ever use it...... when there are so many better options out there for 3d work.

My pet peeve is when people refer to AutoCAD as though it is the only CAD program. I use many different CAD programs for 3D design.

CAD=Computer Aided Design

Edited by JD Mather

Honestly the real problem us that the op hasn't really learned the program. It was operator error and nothing more. No offense to the op but that is the issue here. You learn by making mistakes. As we say in my office, there are no mistakes only learning opportunities ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Honestly the real problem us that the op hasn't really learned the program. It was operator error and nothing more. No offense to the op but that is the issue here. You learn by making mistakes. As we say in my office, there are no mistakes only learning opportunities ;)

There is always more to learn for sure. I know it for my purposes, but I am running into/finding things that I don't know while using it for my actual job in my actual field (finally). You rarely see 3d CAD used in my field, because Revit does everything 3d does but better, as well as Rhino and 3d Studio Max. why would autodesk make these, if 3d cad was efficient?

There is always more to learn for sure. I know it for my purposes, but I am running into/finding things that I don't know while using it for my actual job in my actual field (finally). You rarely see 3d CAD used in my field, because Revit does everything 3d does but better, as well as Rhino and 3d Studio Max. why would autodesk make these, if 3d cad was efficient?

Well Revit, 3D Max and Rhino are 3 very different products with different audiences. Sure there is some over lap but still different ;)

Shoot, I learn something new all the time.

• 8 years later...

Answering original question:

• Go to "Manage" tab
  • click "User Interface"
  • click (unfold) "Mouse Buttons"
  • click (unfold) "Shift+Click"
  • right click "Button 3: 3D Orbit" and select "Clear assignment"