get drawing back to the stone age

samifox

hi

i need to qualify a drawing to be exported from autocad to another 3d package, in the exported model text,attributes,hatches,etc are vanished. i learn than only if everything goes back to the stone age , i get all annotation in place.

by stone age i mean, everything become back to lines, including text, hatches,etc.

right now i achieving this by converting plot to DXF, it does the work but its tedious task and would like to ignore it.

Thanks

Shay

What is so tedious? The computer does the work. Take a walk, eat your lunch or go was your car and let AutoCAD do its thing. What DXF version are you saving to? Is it r12?

What is so tedious? The computer does the work. Take a walk, eat your lunch or go was your car and let AutoCAD do its thing. What DXF version are you saving to? Is it r12?

What method are you using for the exporting and to what file format?

naturally i would use explode and burst , and its ok but forsome reason burst will not work and explode is destroying my attributes. i save to r12.

Are you actually exporting the drawing or are you using "Save As"?

"Save As" does not work properly, especially when going back several versions. I don't understand why the option is even there.

You need to export the file. I believe the command you want is EXPORTTOAUTOCAD.

"Save As" does not work properly, especially when going back several versions.
Perhaps it matters which version of AutoCAD you are working in? Samifox appears to be working in 2010. I regularly use the "Save As" option in 2012. The default is to save to 2007, but saving to r14 is common for us. Since we use it a lot, I would be interested to know the specific deficiencies in saving back to previous versions using "Save As". BTW, I just tried saving a DWG back to an r12 DXF and it seemed to come up just fine. Perhaps saving back in steps instead of all in one shot would work better?

I have not used DXFs but I believe that format is a simplified version of DWG.

If there is anything that utilizes newer features of AutoCAD in a file that was not exported, the older versions do not "know" what to do with them. Often times, proxy objects are created for compatibility. Exporting removes the newer properties from objects so that they can be worked with.