AutoCad 2012 VBA

HelpingOut

I was asked to order a book for my Dad. I just ordered him a Visual LISP book and then he asked me to find him one for AutoCAD 2012 Visual Basics for Application. I can't find anything though. Was wondering if someone could tell me either where I could find one or why I'm not finding one.

I think he said maybe things have changed, the only one I found that sounded right was for AutoCAD 2000.

With the proposed removal of support for VBA in Autocad it makes sense that 2012 is the last year you can find anything, Autodesk now push .NET

Just me I would be happy with Visual Lisp there is lot of stuff out there.

This is an excellent book and still available http://www.apress.com/9781590595794

There were some minor changes to the VBA engine when AutoCAD changed over from VB6 to VB7 in AutoCAD 2013 but this book would IMO be a great help to anyone using VBA to customize AutoCAD. But I would seriously suggest the same as BigAl that using .NET is far the better option.