Fatal Error on LDD 2009

GH GA SAV

I'm new at the forum and have to get a drawing out the door. I am a surveyor. Here's what I have, It just started. When I go to import points, then click the folder for the destination of the .txt or ascii file it gives me a fatal error. Never had this happen. I did open up another drawing someone set me that was pretty old but I did have any problems with it. Also, it remember the last destination folder and I tried to import it and it had no problem. So I put that folder on the jump drive to see if it would give me a fatal error and didn't, just couldn't find it, but when I click the folder icon(destination folder for .txt) I get a fatal error every time. Any Ideas????

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

stevendrew12, I went in and changed the point settings and it worked. If you need to know my point setting, I can email them to you. Greg.

Also, do you or anyone else know how to get the dialog boxes back up. For example, when I do a "save as" I get moved to the command line like I'm back in Dos or something. Happens now with a lot of commands that are in my toolbar. This all started happening when I downloaded the Free TrueView from AutoCAD to convert newer drawings to older versions. Thanks. Greg.

Check the Value of FILEDIA

FILEDIA

See Also

Switch Between Dialog Boxes and the Command Line

Type: Integer

Saved in: Registry

Initial value: 1

Suppresses display of file navigation dialog boxes.

0 Does not display dialog boxes. You can still request a file dialog box to appear by entering a tilde (~) in response to the command's prompt. The same is true for AutoLISP and ADS functions.

1 Displays dialog boxes. However, if a script or AutoLISP/ObjectARX™ program is active, an ordinary prompt is displayed.

And CMDDIA

CMDDIA

See Also

Create and Modify Leaders

Initial value: 1

Controls the display of the In-Place Text Editor for the LEADER and QLEADER commands.

0 Off

1 On

also ATTDIA

ATTDIA

See Also

Insert Blocks

Initial value: 0

Controls whether the INSERT command uses a dialog box for attribute value entry.

0 Issues Command prompts

1 Uses a dialog box

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much. I am getting dialog boxes now. Do you know any good resources for learning IntelliCAD? My computer crashed and I am having to learn Carlson 2015 with IntelliCAD. I am coming from LDD2009. Thanks.