Surface is not aligned to the curve

Hrcko

Hi!

I created the surface using the lines on the edges of the body. The surface is not completely attached to the lines. There is a gap between the line and the surface. What can be the reason for this?

Snap_2014.08.23_001.png

Snap_2014.08.23_002.jpg

First thing I noticed is that facetres was set to 0.5 I always use 10 for 3D modeling.

Second thing I noticed is the generating geometry appeared to be of poor quality.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?88270-Smooth-3D-polylines&p=605544#post605544

Poor Geometry.jpg

For example, a line usually has a beginning and end point. That is it - nothing more.

JD Mather, thank you for your time. :)

I will make new geometry based on the existing one, with reduced number of control points. Than I will see what to do next.

I examined the file and now think the issue is related to the problem discussed in this thread:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?69708-3D-Round-Objects-showing-multiple-flat-faces

The faceting/tessellation issue does not respond to Viewres/Facetres modifications. The geometry in the file has to be reset to more appropriate scale. See if the attached performs any better.

Krmeno uzvojno koljeno_scaled.dwg

When I scaled the entire model 100 times (Using SCALE command), the surface became smooth and aligned with the guidelines. I think it is an issue with the model being very small. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, the scale has influence on the picture quality. I scaled the model 20 times and got nice picture.

Snap_2014.08.24_001.png

If I zoom marked area in sufficient extent I will see some irregularities in the picture.

Snap_2014.08.24_003.png

Snap_2014.08.24_002.jpg

After all, I am satisfied with the result and will use models in bigger scale.

I thank to all forum members who spent their time to help me. I appreciate your good will and generosity.

:beer: