convert pdf to dwg

HI,

I am very new to auticad. Am using autocad2010 mac version.

Among other issues, I am facing one as to - how to import a drawing in pdf to autocad and make changes to it.

You can attach the PDF using the PDFATTACH command (assuming it is available in the Mac version).

From your AutoCAD Help file:

When you attach a PDF file as an underlay, you link that referenced file to the current drawing. Any changes to the referenced file are displayed in the current drawing when it is opened or reloaded.

The Select Reference File dialog box (a standard file selection dialog box) is displayed. Once you select a PDF file, the Attach PDF Underlay dialog box is displayed. After the file is attached, you can adjust and clip the underlay through the PDF Underlay Ribbon Contextual tab.

To actually edit a PDF file you'll need a program like Adobe Illustrator or something similar.

There are PDF-to-DWG conversion programs but I don't know how reliable they are and I cannot recommend one to you since I normally avoid using PDFs. Maybe another forum member can provide you with a recommendation.

Edited by ReMark

You can open in Illustrator and export out as a DWG file. Open this file in Autocad. You will need to scale the file once you have it open in AutoCAD. It will work but the file will not be pretty ;)

I looked at PDF > DWG converters a few years ago and decided that pdfFLY was the best available then.

If you're interested then take a look here at my review:

http://www.cadeverything.com/help/showthread.php/5277-PDF-to-DXF-conversion?highlight=pdffly

There is also an example of a converted drawing attached there.

Remember though that that review is 5 years old.