Pretty new to the 3D World Need Some Help

MillerMG

I'm working on a site plan and was asked to make the site into 3D. I have worked with inventor in the past and have basic knowledge about this. I'm trying to draw the ground. I have contours with elevations. What would be the best way to draw a smooth ground? I attached the drawing in-case you would like to look at it. As always, Much thanks for any assiatance

1885 GDP Baseplan MGM_2.dwg

Wish I could but I do not use Civil 3D although we have several members that do use the program. You'll just have to be patient until one of them comes along and can assist you. Hang tight.

1st off go back to who created the original contour planand ask nicely for the 3d model.

If you can not get that then do the following you have no contour styles so you must get some from another dwg so open the default template Imperial copy and paste your dwg into this template, isolate the contour layers explode all plines, from the toolspace select Surfaces, Add then scroll down to Definition, Drawing objects, Lines select all lines. this should make a surface, check by selecting contour label. The surface will be a little flaky as this is not the best way to create.

BIGAL!!! My man! Thank you so much! Option one is out, as there is no 3D model, lol. I got pulled off of the job for now. I will be back on it later on today, hopefully, and I will follow your instructions. Thank you very much boss man.