Cross Section Menu, Land Desktop 2004

kran0503

Hey everyone,

I just started working for a small survey company that runs Land Desktop 2004. I need to make Cross Sections of a surface every 500ft or so, about 250 out in each direction. Everything I'm reading online says to just click on the cross section menu. There are nice walk throughs and what not, the only problem is we dont have the cross section menu. Could I be reading guides to the wrong year? Is the Cross Section menu hiden? I'm confused any help would be appreciated.

I just recently took a CAD Manager position with a small engineering design & surveying firm that was 'using' Land Desktop 2004 also... By using, I mean that they hadn't installed the civil components, and instead opted to use Land Desktop 2004 as vanilla AutoCAD, with no external database content, hand drafting profiles, and surface contours, etc.

If your employer has that supplementary installation media, grab it, and install it. :thumbsup:

Once that content is installed, adding the appropriate menus to your workspace is a simple matter in CUI Editor (if not already there by default with Land Desktop Profile at startup).

Good luck!

Once that content is installed, adding the appropriate menus to your workspace is a simple matter in CUI Editor (if not already there by default with Land Desktop Profile at startup).

Ah.... but there were no workspaces or CUI in 2004 ;)