What happened to my cursor!?

Jaz

AutoCAD was working fine, then I plugged my laptop into a projector and this happened! Whenever I move my cursor it goes black. Has anyone had this happen? Maybe I bumped a setting? And I have tried shutting my computer down and restarting and it's still the same. Everything else works fine. Thanks for your help.

Doc1.docx

Does anything weird happen in other programs, like Paint or photoshop?

This is all merely guessing because I have never seen anything like that before.

Maybe the projector left something in the Windows registry that is in the way of the system pointer (cursor). Look in Control panel, Mouse, pointers and see if anything is strange in there. While I am thinking about it, check in AutoCad > Options, System tab and see what Current pointing Device is set to.

You can go to Control Panel > Programs and features > Uninstall or Change, and run the Repair option on AutoCad to see if it helps. It may not help, but won't do any harm. You will need your install disk or download for this.

Okay so after being frustrated for 2 days, I have finally overcome this obstacle. Every other program (even Autodesk programs) were working except this one! Apparently all I had to do was turn hardware acceleration off then back on. This whole time. One button. Makes me even more frustrated! At least I avoided having to reinstall (I am a teacher so our tech guys have to do it, which means I could have a whole day or two w/o my laptop which in these times makes it difficult to teach!). Thanks for your help!

Okay so after being frustrated for 2 days, I have finally overcome this obstacle. Every other program (even Autodesk programs) were working except this one! Apparently all I had to do was turn hardware acceleration off then back on. This whole time. One button. Makes me even more frustrated! At least I avoided having to reinstall (I am a teacher so our tech guys have to do it, which means I could have a whole day or two w/o my laptop which in these times makes it difficult to teach!). Thanks for your help!

That sounds really annoying, glad to hear that you are back on the tracks!

For future reference, a re-install is a last resort after exhausting every other option.

Hardware acceleration? Wow. Happy to see you found the ghost in the machine. Maybe the projector needed to mess with the system parameters for hardware acceleration. Who knows.

I had the same problem it took me a while to fix it but you loose the polar tracking numbers

Try going to the A at the top and go to options hit the drafting tab and inside the Auto track settings uncheck the Display Auto tracking tool tip. It should works fine.