joint colinear polylines

trunglupin

Is there any way to join many polylines which included the case of colinear polylines?

The pedit command only allow to join polylines not colinear.

The J command work good with colinear but only apply with lines.

Do you know any way to solve it: Joint the multi polylines, included the case of colinear polylines?

Tks in advance

I think flatten only convert the 3d object to 2d. and next, how to joint?

My point is I have many lwpolylines, some of them have end segment colinear. How to joint them?

Have you tried Overkill?

It has options that combine co-linear objects that partially overlap.

+1

I like that one, sometimes I get polylines made up of short sections and this turns them into one section. And as you say it joins overlapping polylines. NICE

I know and have try overkill, but I think overkill is only used when objects (polylines, lines...) is overlaps, but my case is about many colinear polylines which is not overlaps at all, just the end segment is colinear and close with others.

It should be a lisp can joint these kind of polylines with fuzz distance parameter (same with option Joint of command edit for uncolinear polylines)

Overkill contains two buttons for colinear polylines: with "partial overlap" and "end to end".

Are you sure you Overkill is not what you need?

Guys, Of course I have alredy tried Overkill command for my situation. But it does not work for 2 polylines colinear at end segments.

You can try in your autocad to know detail

Guys, Of course I have already tried Overkill command for my situation. But it does not work for 2 polylines colinear at end segments.

You can try in your autocad to know detail

Are your polylines co-linear and aligned or merely share the same endpoint?

The END to END option of Overkill combines co-linear objects when aligned end to end.

Perhaps you could post a small drawing that contains such lines. It would avoid someone drawing false objects.

How about you attach a copy of the drawing to your next post then we won't have to guess what you are working with and you won't have to keep explaining it? Let's make life easier for everyone shall we?

Notice:

If you start the command OVERKILL, and you put the tolerance to 1.5 (greater than the gap), it will join the horizontal polylines. Both the upper and the lower.

Now, I presume you only want the upper polylines to join; you don't want the command ever to break the polylines.

So, it should only look at the end segments (see if they are colinear) , and only see if the end points are close enough.

Notice:

If you start the command OVERKILL, and you put the tolerance to 1.5 (greater than the gap), it will join the horizontal polylines. Both the upper and the lower.

Now, I presume you only want the upper polylines to join; you don't want the command ever to break the polylines.

So, it should only look at the end segments (see if they are colinear) , and only see if the end points are close enough.

you mean the tolerance is numeric fuzz, right? in the example drawing attached, the gap beetween 2 end point of polylines is 1; acording to your comment above, I fill in the numeric fuzz is 1.5; 1.6 or 10, the overkill command also do not joint 2 polylines (they are colinear sure).

It is hard to understand when i fill the big value in numeric fuzz, example 500, the overkill command will delete 1 polyline and keep the other unchange.

On the other hand, if use the overkill- option End to End to lines (not polylines), It can joint easy 2 lines when fill in numeric fuzz greater than gap, but if fill the big value, example 1000, it will be the same when use with polylines: 1 line will be deleted.

So anyone can explain this?