Converting PDF

I want to bring in a pdf file into autocad 2009 but the command does not recognize pdf. How do I convert pdf so that I can use as dwg. file in autocad?

I want to bring in a pdf file into autocad 2009 but the command does not recognize pdf. How do I convert pdf so that I can use as dwg. file in autocad?
It is only possible if it is already a Vector type pdf. This has been discussed exhaustively on the forum. There is probably nothing we can add to what you can find searching the forum. Also, try the list of similar threads at the bottom of this webpage. It's not that I want to be annoying, it's just that the above is true, and as a matter of fact there is an extensive thread from just a few days ago that will probably pop up in the search results.

I think the OP wants AutoCad to convert the pdf to an editable dwg file, so I don't think there is a command that will do that. If it's already been converted to something other than pdf, like a dxf file then that's another story. Open might do it then.:)

• 4 weeks later...
Why not justuse Insert command and select .pdf file?
What the OP is looking for is to convert the pdf image to an editable AutoCad drawing. Inserting the pdf leaves it as just a raster image which cannot be edited in AutoCad.