Missing some icons in Layer Properties Manager Autocad 2014

Sengna

I used to have these icons as shown in red circle on the bottom pic but they are no longer there and i don't know how can i bring them back on the Layer prop Manager. Please help Thanks

Layer prop.jpg

Example from what i am looking for in red circle

Example.jpg

disk cleanup.PNG

hi Rob Draw Will i lost all my files on my C drive if i do disk cleanup? Little confuse if this would have anything to do with fixing Layer prop manager.

Hi I sometimes get the same happen to me. For me all I do is close AutoCAD then re open & all back as it should be. Maybe its to do with memory which is why Rob Draw suggested the clean up.

Disk Cleanup only deletes unnecessary files. See:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-7

for more information.

I cannot explain why this helps but it seems to fix the problem for a while. Plus, as lesleys said, a restart of AutoCAD usually brings them back but that is usually only for a short time.

On a side note, cleaning out temp/outdated/unused files should be a part of regular computer maintenance. If you are not doing regular computer maintenance, your computer will not run as well as it could.

Disk Cleanup only deletes unnecessary files. See:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-7

for more information.

I cannot explain why this helps but it seems to fix the problem for a while. Plus, as lesleys said, a restart of AutoCAD usually brings them back but that is usually only for a short time.

On a side note, cleaning out temp/outdated/unused files should be a part of regular computer maintenance. If you are not doing regular computer maintenance, your computer will not run as well as it could.

Beleive it or not, i simply close everything on my screen, restarted my computer and opened the drawing and all the icons appeared on Layer Prop Manager..............You guys are so smart.....thanks so much.

... and regular computer maintenance is most often ignored until there is a problem. Because it is slow progression, most people don't realize how much it affects the performance of their machine if they don't do it.

Senga, since you were not familiar with Disk Cleanup, I'm assuming that you don't do regular maintenance. Along with restarting your machine, I hope you take away that piece of advice from this.

I introduced a friend to Disk Cleanup who had a 600 gig hard disk almost fill up. She had 924,843 temporary internet files,:shock: and about 40,000 duplicate jpg's generated by Windows Photo Gallery, abandoned slide shows, and Windows 8 custom desktop and start screen themes.

I told her she could set her browser to delete most of the temp junk when you close it. She says "Close it?"

The easiest and most frequently useful piece of tech advice is always to try turning it off and then on again :)

Yeah, at least this is the first thing i should do before trying a different method. A lot of time that is what the IT always tell me when i call them.

...Senga, since you were not familiar with Disk Cleanup, I'm assuming that you don't do regular maintenance. Along with restarting your machine, I hope you take away that piece of advice from this.

I reboot my machine every otherday and I empty my recycle bin once a while to clear up some space, no i haven't thought about disk cleanup until you mentioned. Another thing that i want to do is to keep update the service pack from Autodesk because a few month ago, my drawing crashed when i saved it and the error message showed up. When i clicked send report on the error message, then it recommended me to update the service package. I don't know how often does Autodesk release the service package?

How about defragging, virus/malware scans, and making sure all drivers/software are up to date?

I think my IT Department schedule that for all of the computers. I do that on my personal computer though.