Custom Cui unloads everytime i make changes to it

ankurpraja

Hi All,

Since LT does not have a content center, i decided to make dynamic blocks for nuts, bolts, structural steel .. etc. and use it as a script command from Ribbon Panel. I didn't wanted to disturb AutoCAD's main CUI file, so i created a custom CUI file and custom commands for each dynamic blocks. These commands are like script file for example ^C^C-insert;*washer.dwg;\1;0;

Now,

The problem is that whenever i make any changes to the CUI file, the custom panel i made in the Ribbon disappears. When i use 'cuiload' command, the name of my custom cui shows in the list but not in the ribbon. So everytime i have to unload it and load it again.

Also, if i close autocad after this, it will not start again. I have to restart my PC to start autocad again.

This problem started last year. I am not sure but i think it started after i uninstalled 30 days trial version of Inventor. I was using LT 2013 at that time.

To solve this problem i repair and re-install autocad again but nothing worked. Earlier this i got subscription of LT 2014. I thought upgrading will solve the problem but this issue does not go.

The cui file itself does not have any problem because same works on other PC perfectly.

Please help guys. I am kind of stuck with this..

Make sure after getting the menu to display you force a save of your workspace, as a default its set to "no save" so when you close Autocad it loses it, just click on the workspace button lower left and save.

• 2 weeks later...