Non-Network connection drawing sharing

tjb384

When I edit drawings all my network connections are shut down by the external company my company works for. Problem is there hiring another drafter to take some of my work load and we both need access to the same pool of drawings while we both have our network connections shutdown. So I was thinking that we could both share from and external hard drive, but it seems that external hard drives can only connect to 1 computer at a time. Does anyone know of a workaround for non-network drawing sharing?

Thanks,

Tom

Connect your two computers using a USB networking cable. Your computer would be the repository for all the drawings that would be shared between you and your coworker.

You could use an ethernet cable to connect two computers that don't share a network connection. Some computers may however require a crossover cable. Note: the USB networking cable will give you a faster connection speed.

Here's another option. Use a hot-swappable hard drive. Both computers would require the installation of a bay for the drive. The upside is the drive can be "installed" while you are using your computer as it would be recognized just like a flash drive. The downside is the swapping part as I have no idea how many times each of you would have to access the drive to obtain the drawings you need access to. Ports that support hot swapping include USB, Firewire and Thunderbolt.

Edited by ReMark