CAD 2014, BaseView and SectionView Errors

beans85

Hi all,

I have been having some problems with Baseview and sectionview functions in layout space. It's acting very temperamental. Sometime the baseview will work properly but the sections will fail or not render properly adding huge ellipse that don't exist in the drawing. And not showing shaded view. other times its the base view that doesn't work, having the same issues. Other times all sections work fine. recently its been getting worst. I can't figure out if its something in the model itself. But it seems to mess up the sections I really really need.

Does anyone have any advice or solutions?

my machine is running AutoCAD 2014 on Windows 7 64bit, with Intel Xeon 2.13GHz, 12GB Ram, NVIDIA Quadro FX580.

I've attached a screen shot the Cad files is like 35mb.

Thanks, and look forward to your advice.

cad_BASEVIEW Errors.jpg

Judging by the posted image I'd say you are have a graphics related issue. I don't think it is a problem with the geometry but to be sure I would have to have access to the actual drawing file.

The NVIDIA Quadro FX580 is an entry level graphics card sporting 512MB of GDDR3 memory. Maybe you are taxing its capability.

Hey guys thanks for the replies.

Remark, I've contacted my IT and they are going to look into the video card. hopefully soon. I think this may be the issue because its a bit random, like it works sometimes & sometimes not.

SuperCAD, I'm saving to 2013 format. and no one else is accessing the files.