Drawing views not updating changes to color

Big Mike

I'm running Inventor 2015.

I have views placed into a drawing with the shaded view option. I go into the assembly and override the colors of some sub assemblies, but these don't get updated in existing drawing views.

I have found that if I drill down to the part level, and change the color of the parts, they will update in the existing views...but that is a pain in the ass, having to change the color on each individual part.

If I insert a new drawing view, it does have the new colors (overrides from the assembly level)....but the older views won't update (unless I change it at the part level).

One work around would be to delete my views and reinsert them, but then I'd have to redo all the dimensions & sketches that are associated with the views.

Can anyone explain why this happens, and maybe provide a better way or a setting change?

I think I figured it out.

On the drawing view, I can right click and choose 'Apply Design View'. That updates the view to match the model, although I had to re-hide a few parts that became visible again.

I knew it had to be something fairly simple that I was just overlooking.