Extra Monitor

olecarman

Hello everyone:

I currently use AutoCAD 2006 (full version).. I am using an HP ZR30w monitor. I am thinking about adding a second monitor to be able to view separate drawings in each monitor.. I use a DELL T7500 computer which supports dual monitors. I guess my question is does my 2006 version of AutoCAD support a dual monitor setup that would allow me to open 2 separate drawings at the same time?

Thanks

Kim

Instructions for configuring and using dual monitors on Windows XP, 7 and 8 can be found in any number of websites including Microsoft and Tom's Hardware as well as PCWorld.

Yes you can, you will need to set TASKBAR=0 and SDI=1.

Why?

I'm running two monitors. TASKBAR=1 and SDI=0 and can have two (or more drawings open) in single or multiple sessions of AutoCAD. Switching between drawings and/or MS/PS is easy. Wouldn't want to change a thing.

Edited by RobDraw

It's just as easy to have two independent sessions open. In fact I think it's easier than the Taskbar/SDI setup. You can have different palettes open, have things arranged to fit, etc.

Also, I've found that spanning the AutoCAD interface across both monitors and using the Tile Vertically command on the View Ribbon Tab. That's if you want two drawings open on each monitor in the same session. This works great. But mostly the second monitor is best for Properties, Layer Manager, Tool Palettes, XREF Manager, etc....

It's just as easy to have two independent sessions open. In fact I think it's easier than the Taskbar/SDI setup. You can have different palettes open, have things arranged to fit, etc.

Also, I've found that spanning the AutoCAD interface across both monitors and using the Tile Vertically command on the View Ribbon Tab. That's if you want two drawings open on each monitor in the same session. This works great. But mostly the second monitor is best for Properties, Layer Manager, Tool Palettes, XREF Manager, etc....

My redlined pdf's go on monitor 2, that is when they can find any mistakes in my stuff.:lol: Usually it is modifications.