Annotate Assembly iProperties in a drawing

beardrafter

I am wondering how to data mine iProperties of an assembly for text in a leader (or Balloon) in a .idw. I can pull up any iProp of a part within the assembly but can't select the assembly as the target for information. I did find in the text window you can change the Component from dropdown menu and select model parameters, but i'd like to keep this with just iProp.

Is there a setting with in the BOM?

Thanks!

Far as I know you can't insert the iproperties of a assembly or subassembly into leader text like you can for a part. For parts, the Format Text dialog box allows you to select "Model Properties" in the Type Field, then select the Property and insert it into the text. But there is not an "Assemblies Properties" selection. It's strange since balloons and parts lists can reference an assembly, but leader text cannot. I did come up with a manual workaround. If you create a user text parameter for an assembly. That parameter can be any text you type in , as on example type in the description. In a drawing, create a leader, select the assembly name listed in the Component field, go to User Parameter in the Source field, and select the parameter you createdlisted under the Parameter Field, insert the parameter into the leader text box. It doesn't matter what the leader is attached too, whatever you typed in as the description will show up in the leader text. Clumsy, but it works. I've submitted this issue to the Augi Wish List a few times , but so far no joy.